Here are some additional beauty tips that have been provided by friends and associates. As you might expect, a number of these are personal brand choices. As far as we can tell, all the products are readily available.
This selection of skin products has a bias towards products that leave an oily residue on the skin. My own preference is for products that are not very greasy.
- Tisserand hand cream.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream “to prevent my skin from drying up”.
- Massage oil. (Grape seed oil is often used as a massage oil as it does not have a pungent smell).
- ESPA Botanical Rescue Intensive Balm, containing beeswax and essential oils – “it’s great for both my face and hands”.
The brutally scientific perspective on the use of creams for skin-care is that expensive brand-name creams have no statistical advantage over using plain cold-cream (which can have an oily residue) or aqueous cream. That is a fact that could save you a lot of money.
- Rosewater – “before landing I dip cotton wool pads in it and lay them on my eyes to avoid puffiness”.
- ESPA Floral SpaFresh facial spritzer “to wake me up before landing”.
Or you can just splash clean cold water on your face and eyes for the same effect.
- Clarins make-up remover “as I don’t want to sleep with make-up on”.
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, “which you put on under your make-up when you arrive at your destination – it gives your skin a real glow so you don’t look jaded when you get off the plane”.
If you have other techniques that you have found to be effective then you are most welcome to share them with us.